WE RESPECT YOUR PRIVACY.
We are posting this page to let you know in detail how the information we collect is processed and used. So to start with, there are two basic forms of online information collection that all sites use — computer tracking logs and your personal information. We’ll start with your personal information.
If you have Registered to make your repeat shopping experience easier at any of the Site(s), you can review, edit or eliminate the personal information and contact preferences you provided by selecting “My Account” after you login.
If you are not Registered, then the only personal information that we have about you is what you have chosen to give us in the following ways:
1. If you sign up for a newsletter within our system or any contests, we require your name, your email address, and your country only. You can put a fake name if you wish and you can lie about your country too (we only want to know to see how many friends we have around the world), but if you put a fake email address you won’t get the newsletter or prize notification.,. If you win a contest you must give us your snail mail address if you want us to ship your prize(s) to you. We only use your email address to send you newsletters or to contact you if you win and for no other reason. We do not sell or rent your email address to anyone else. We do not purchase outside lists to build our subscriber databases. You must step through a confirmed opt-in procedure in order to receive a newsletter from us or from any of our Verified Merchants. If you change your mind and decide you no longer want to receive the newsletter, there is an un-subscribe link at the bottom of each email. our system is very efficient and as secure as is technologically possible.
2. If you use a “Tell a Friend” form at a Site(s) we ask for your name (so your friends know who sent them the info) and your email address so that the system can send the email from you, and the email addresses of those you want to tell about a Site(s). We don’t use this info for anything except to send the email that you have requested. We don’t even keep the info in our files. The emails are sent by the automated system, and that’s it.
3. Our polls never require any personal information from you . . . we only want your opinion!
4. If you buy T-shirts or other products, then you have to give up more information . . . how can we sell you items if we don’t know where to sent them? But purchase and shipment are the only ways that information is used.
We also track how many people (we don’t know who, just how many) go to see a particular product or page so we know what products you want to see and can provide more of them — We also collect non-personal information (computer logs) in two ways.
1. If you visit any site powered by Shop Sub Rosa you should know the tracking capabilities of the sites; they gather anonymous information about your visit, such as page counts along with your browser type (eg; are you using Internet Explorer or Netscape or another browser and if so, it usually collects what version of the browser you use), and referrer data (eg; the name of the site at which you clicked a link to get to the site). Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers, that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” or “IP” address. When a visitor requests a page from any web site, the site automatically recognizes that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed the site. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, and to investigate misuse of the Site(s), Users, or to cooperate with proper judicial or governmental authorities or law enforcement, only if required. We do not record e-mail addresses of visitors.
The purpose of cookies is primarily to set session data and make sure that only registered, logged-in users can take actions that would result in a substantial change in the content of the site (such as posting at sites that provide blogs). The code records specific actions taken on the site along with the IP Address and the username of the member who takes such action — like posting, commenting, adding a link, reporting a broken link, or basically anything that could potentially change the content of the Site(s). This feature is there to protect Shop Sub Rosa from any “inappropriate or legally contentious” content that might slip through the moderation process. The only people who have access to this information is the Senior Management at Shop Sub Rosa, our IT Department, and the web hosting company at which Shop Sub Rosa’s Site(s) are located. Shop Sub Rosa may be forced to disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Shop Sub Rosa or the Site(s); (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Shop Sub Rosa and/or our Verified Merchants; or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Shop Sub Rosa’s employees or agents, our Verified Merchants, users of the Site(s) products or services, or members of the general public.
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online — for example through e-mail, discussion lists, blogs, or elsewhere — that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return none of which has anything to do with Shop Sub Rosa or our Verified Merchants. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online. We caution you against giving out personal information which may be used for illegal or harmful purposes to either strangers online or to companies that don’t have strong privacy protection policies.
TM & © 2000 – 2012 Shop Sub Rosa. All Rights Reserved.